I am a Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) in the State of New York, practicing as a therapist in Manhattan. My education and professional background in both the mind and the body gives me a unique and effective approach to counseling. I work to provide clients with tailored treatment plans that can be integrated into their daily lives.
I have a master’s level education in mental health counseling and exercise and sports studies. Prior to becoming a counselor, I was a college basketball player, coach, and personal trainer for over a decade.
Outside of private practice, I have worked as a therapist in a non-profit integrative group practice, hospital, college, and as the Clinic Director for a local non-profit out-patient clinic. I have experience treating children, adolescents, and adults with diverse backgrounds and ranges of concerns. I have training in integrative, cognitive-behavioral, and mindfulness therapy as well as sport psychology. I am a humanistic, person-centered therapist.
I am a professional member of the American Counseling Association and a certified member of the National Board of Certified Counselors. In addition to my license, I hold several certifications. I continue to educate myself by attending national and local conferences, keeping up with current therapy research, and seeking supervision.
If you ever have a question, please ask. I do not have all the answers, but I will help you find them.
- BA – Psychology from Princeton University
- MS – Professional Counseling from Monmouth University
- MS – Exercise and Sport Studies from Smith College
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) – NY State #004710-1
- National Certified Counselor (NCC) – NBCC #246408
- Certified Clinical Mental Health Counselor (CCMHC) – NBCC #246408
- Distance Credentialed Counselor (DCC) – CCE #DCC1251
- Approved Clinical Supervisor (ACS) - CCE #ACS2038
- Certified HeartMath Practitioner - HMI0343